Our top 5 easiest ways to add instant wow factor to the façade of your home:
- Planting is by far the most popular and effective way to improve your home’s street appeal. Opt for low maintenance plants of varying textures and sizes and use planting to create zones and anchor your home by grouping greenery around the base of the house.
- Window dressing can make or break the look of your home. We dress all our windows internally to improve their aesthetic appeal, so why shouldn’t we do this externally? Three products with the biggest impact include shutters, external venetian blinds and fabric awnings.
- A popular way to give your home a facelift is with a statement front door and street number. Timber front doors with glass inserts or brightly coloured painted doors are eye-catching options and combined with bold numbers in a modern font, your home will stop traffic.
- If you have a front landing or deck, style the space. This makes the home appear lived in and welcoming. Avoid letting these areas become a dumping ground for shoes, sports equipment and pet bedding.
- If nothing else, a good pressure wash can make a huge difference to the look of your home. Clean concrete and other surfaces with a high pressure hose to cheaply and easily brighten your façade.